Computer Vision & Deep Learning Facilitates Precision Agriculture
- The client is a leading chemical manufacturing company based in US. The company works with farmers and governments to monitor and improve crop production.
- The client wanted to harness power of remote sensing and satellite image processing to compute crop phenology mapping and farm boundaries to optimize costs and manpower.
Xoriant Solution | Key Contributions
- Selection of right satellite data sources and right bands of data for processing to achieve the optimum cost to accuracy ratio.
- Processing data from 2 different satellite data sources ÔÇô farm boundaries detected data from Bing maps and assessed crop phenology with data from Sentinel-2 satellite
- 90% reduction in the use of offline sensors for phenology computation
- 90% reduction in manual effort in farm boundary data collection