Infoblox is the pioneer in delivering the world‚Äôs most reliable, secure and automated networks. Infoblox is a recognized leader in core network services which includes Domain Name System (DNS), Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP), and IP address management (IPAM), collectively known as DDI. Infoblox is taking DDI and core network services to the next level with Secure Cloud-Managed Network Services.
With Infoblox, organizations can achieve simplicity with seamless network experiences, security from the ground up, reliability and automation resulting in increased efficiencies and cost savings.
As Infoblox transforms its business to evolve its products and services into a SaaS-based model, it is becoming imperative for Infoblox to utilize its data as a key organizational asset. The current enterprise reporting system is inadequate, not considered reliable for information needs and developed in silo without considering the information requirements of different business functions. This has resulted in continuous manual interventions to create and show a consolidated view of important business metrics.
The challenge was to create a reporting infrastructure on the cloud, especially on AWS that can grow with the growing information needs of Infoblox and have the capability of near real-time reporting of key business metrics.
To gain an understanding of different aspects of its business and how different business metrics impact each other, Infoblox has decided to modernize and upgrade its reporting infrastructure. Infoblox chose to work with Xoriant to create new reports and dashboards based on cloud-based data lake architecture on AWS.
Xoriant was chosen to implement the new reporting system using Data Lakes primarily because of
- Experience in working with reporting systems of various enterprise customers
- Demonstrating industry best practices in implementing such a reporting ecosystem
- Innovative design approaches in combining various business metrics for consolidated reporting and meeting growing information needs of Infoblox
The technical design components in the solution include the following:
- CloudIO : CloudIO is a platform owned by Xoriant. It is used for data ingestion and transformation, consuming data from different source systems, and staging the data in Amazon S3. It is also used further to transport data from Amazon S3 to Amazon Redshift staging database
- Amazon Redshift : Used as a repository for the Data warehouse holding star schema, staging database and source for Enterprise Reporting, hosted on AWS
- Amazon RDS : Used as a repository for the ad-hoc reporting needs, hosted on AWS
- Tableau : Used as a Visualization platform for analytics, hosted on AWS
- Redshift SQL scripts : These scripts are used for ETL from staging to star schema
- AWS Services : The majority of the components are hosted in AWS EC2 cloud and S3 buckets
Business Outcome and Benefits
Besides striving to meet the overall objectives and business requirements, AWS services in the architecture achieve the following benefits:
- Readiness for near real time reporting requirements, as needed
- Data refresh at 30 minutes interval
- Integrated view of business metrics across different business functions
- Identification of data quality issues that can be addressed quickly
About the Partner
Xoriant is an AWS, Advanced Technology Partner and a Technology Solutions provider. Xoriant operates in advanced technical solutions areas such as DevSecOps, DevOps, AI and Managed Infrastructure and Information Security services on all AWS platforms. Xoriant is based in Silicon Valley.
Ready to Get Started?