Increase Adoption, Streamline Migration, Management of Azure, AWS, GCP and PCF Clouds
As more organizations move to multi-cloud or hybrid IT infrastructures, they often struggle to manage the lifecycles of disparate cloud solutions - from provisioning and orchestration of infrastructure and resources to cost management and optimization. In addition, they have to deal with other mission-critical tasks include cloud migrations, cloud backup and DR, packaging and delivery, monitoring and analytics for availability, security, performance, inventory, and classification.
If you are looking for expert help in any of the areas above, Xoriant has deep expertise and experience in providing cloud lifecycle management across various cloud, hybrid and multi-cloud environments, with standard SLAs and reporting mechanisms.
Accelerated Migration From VMware to Public Cloud (Lift and Shift)
One of the easiest and least expensive ways to migrate an existing VMware workload to the cloud is to take the workload as-is and run it on cloud-native resources: This is known as the “Lift and Shift” approach.
Organizations undergoing digital transformations are looking for avenues to modernize, innovate, and adapt their application landscapes to the latest technology available on the big public cloud platforms, such as AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud Platform.
There has been an increasing demand to Lift and Shift or Re-Host VMware environment to the public cloud with minimal disruption/downtime.
Accelerated migration of environment and data from on-premises to cloud including backup, security, and patching configurations are available from Xoriant’s Lift and Shift / Re-hosting services:
- Discovery of VMware Cloud Environment
- Configuration of Cloud Environment Accounts/Projects (e.g. AWS/Azure/GCP)
- Creation Landing Zone in Cloud Environment i.e. Network Topology, ACLs, Security Groups, Gateways, Route tables, NAT tables, etc.
- Launch of instances in specific Landing Zones
- Attach necessary storage to Cloud Instance
- Migrate data to Cloud Instance
- Validation is done manually via UAT
- Final data migrations and cutover
Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Planning and Implementation
The best thing an organization can do to be prepared for any kind of disaster is to have a fundamentally sound business continuity plan in place. This includes thoroughly documenting business impact analysis. It is also critical to establish realistic recovery time objectives (RTOs) and recovery point objectives (RPOs) so that the plan is properly designed to meet those goals.
- Perform business impact analysis
- Determine RTO and RPO for each service/business application and line of business in the organization
- Form the ERT and define ERT communication processes, procedures (Internal and External)
- Define and formalize disaster declaration process
- Review architectures, dependencies, data flow and backup and recovery procedures
- Provide recommendations report and roadmap for recommendation to implement requirements for RTO and RPO
- Implementation of Roadmap (Independent SOW)
Scope: BCP DR Testing: (Independent SOW-2)
- Conduct Table Top exercise and provide report and analysis
- Conduct BCP/DR Dry run and provide report and analysis
Legacy Application Integration / Modernization / Migration to Cloud
This requires expertise and experience in modernizing, migrating, or integrating legacy systems, and addressing related issues arising from inconsistent software technology standards across business groups. This results in an inability to roll-out new product features quickly, incorporating and dealing with a legacy hardware and software technology stack, a release and test infrastructure that is not modern, and issues related to access and governance.
With expertise and experience in modernizing, migrating, or integrating legacy systems, Xoriant can assess the migration/modernization capabilities for your applications, define a factory-based approach to modernization using a sprint methodology, and follow industry best practices with a 12-factor checklist.
In addition, Xoriant will design-in modern application security using policy-based security orchestration for modern applications including container security, and provide migration services to AWS, Azure, GCP, VMware, and PCF.
- Create Reference Architecture Blueprints
- Create a Factory Design for migration
- Software Platform and Standards Modernization
- 12-Factor App Readiness
- Application and Infrastructure Monitoring
- Build a common authentication bus
- DevOps with CI/CD and Release Automation
- Canary deployments or Blue/green deployment
- Policy-based security orchestration for containers and services
- Solutions for accessing traditional storage with object storage overlay with tools such as MinIO
"Our customers strive to think big picture and, as architects, we support that. But migrating workloads, platforms or entire infrastructures to the cloud has ripple effects that everyone needs to understand and accommodate. Your Xoriant team will be transparent about the best cloud migration options and the level of business, tactical, and operational resources required. We bring the best to the table, with outcomes that always exceed expectations.”