Table of Content
- Client Overview
- Engagement Situation
- Key Requirements
- Xoriant Solutions
- Xoriant Key Contribution
- Architecture Diagram
- Tools & Technologies
- Business Benefits
Our client is one of the world’s foremost provider of messaging services and mobile enterprise software. Delivering two billion messages per day with a reach of nearly thousand mobile operators, our client is at the forefront of mobile interoperability messaging and the distribution of premium content and value-added services across US, Europe and APAC region.
For over a decade, our client has been using a desktop based application to provision, calculate and generate invoices for their enterprise customers. This desktop based application involves license fees every year and has limitation related to ever evolving requirements and keeping updated with the technological advancements.
Considering this scenario, our client wanted to develop a web based application using open source software’s to avoid the recurring license fees. Another requirement was to allow customization and adding new features as per the technology changes and make the application available online. Xoriant’s experience in developing high quality, scalable web application across platforms made them the preferred partner for this client engagement.
To implement web based architecture which provides the following functionalities:
- Provisioning of Customer, Invoice Account, Product, Aggregation, Rating, and Fees.
- Provisioning of Operator and Country prices.
- Feature to show details of import and export bulk pricing.
- Generation of Invoices and Invoice Template Management.
- Functionality to ensure secure business transactions to allow billing team to import and export the operator, price, etc. details.
- Develop centralized access system for global users.
- Develop web service client to access enterprise datamart platform.
- User friendly interface which improves the user experience.
Xoriant team was involved in complete software development lifecycle process in building the application, following SCRUM as Agile execution methodology to meet demands of evolving requirements without much compromise on time to market goals.
Xoriant team leveraged its multi-technology and multi-platform expertise to deliver an innovative solution to the client that offered seamless user experience for customers coming through the state-of-the-art web portal. Reviewing the client requirements, available technologies, Xoriant team then created a modular design/ development framework. Xoriant team developed the web application using technology stack of Spring, Backbone.js, jQuery, Apache Shiro. Xoriant team also designed the system to ensure that the transactions were secure.
XORIANT KEY CONTRIBUTION
- Designed and reengineered an existing legacy system into modern web based secure application.
- Used Backbone JS as the framework to achieve rich UI for the web application.
- Created user interface for provisioning using HTML 5, CSS3, Backbone.js and JSON.
- Developed secure platform which allows sales and billing team to Import and Export the Operator and Price details in bulk using Apache Shiro and JDBC.
- Deployed central access system for global users by using Backbone.js and jQuery and REST web services.
- Implemented feature to show details of import and export bulk pricing using Apache Shiro and JDBC.
TOOLS & TECHNOLOGIES
- Reduced the recurring licensing fees by 100% since complete open source stack was used.
- Extended the reach of the system beyond locations from local market to global market.
- Increased the productivity of the data operator personnel by 30% with automated validation of data.
- Automated the provisioning of Operator and country prices ensuring swift transactions globally.
- Deployed central access system to allow different users quick and easy access to the single central application.
- Reduced the manual effort by 30% by automating most of the manual processes.