Table of content
- Client Overview
- Engagement Situation
- Key Requirements
- Xoriant Solutions
- Key Contributions
- Architecture Diagram
- Tools & Technologies
- Key Business Benefits
Our client is a startup with an idea of a social peer to peer location-based marketplace. Client's vision was to make buying and selling items, apartment renting etc. locally safe and easy. Its distinguishing feature compared to existing marketplaces would be the ability to set a radius to find buyers/sellers within the defined range. The app would feature items from neighborhood to neighboring towns of user's city. Users could also chat with each other for bargain and further transactions. App users can open online store and sell products to more number of online customers.
Our client wanted to create a distinct online medium of buying/selling especially among people in close vicinity. With the initial thought of starting the platform over web, the client realized that the customer today is not always accessing websites over laptops but on different mobile devices thereby making the pre-purchase user experience slow and dragged out. Hence, the concept was defined for an application available for Smartphone and tablets.
With these thoughts, client wanted to develop the mobile application for a popular mobile platform which can help the users not only in buying and selling but also in borrowing and lending products.
- Develop a user friendly interface which provides seamless user experience over multiple device sizes
- Allow user to use social integration and sign up through Facebook/Google+/Application login
- Provide search functionality and allow the search results to be filtered using distance and price parameters
- Allows user to add unavailable products to their wish list so that they can be intimated whenever it is available in marketplace
- Product Management/Store which allows seller to add items, add hash tags, add a price and mark it for negotiable or non–negotiable
- Provide chat services where the users can have conversations
- Pay pal integration with the application for secure transactions
Xoriant helped client in concept building due to earlier experience in online buying and selling application development. Xoriant mobility team having experience in developing client-server applications across various platforms started the engagement with iOS and Android application development. The team started the engagement with the wireframes for the applications as user experience was a key to the success of the application. The screens were developed with the help of our creative design team giving utmost importance to the aesthetics and adhering to the platform specific UI guidelines. Our client side developers worked on developing the UI on multiple mobile platforms, integrating it with the web services developed by server side team and exposed them via REST web services so client can port the application easily on other platforms, web etc.
Xoriant consistently contributed in technical as well as business ideas/suggestions for making application stable and scalable.
- Developed end to end solution which includes development of backend along with client side application on Android and iOS.
- Accelerated the development and testing time by clearly separating business logic and user interface layer. Business logic was modularized so that it can be shared among various other platforms and web.
- Implemented a scalable solution which provided the required functionalities and enhanced server performance for large incoming data from various sources.
- Integrated Solr indexing to boost searching.
- Developed instant notification regarding new version, product transaction and chat messages to the users push notification service.
- Integrated XMPP and Openfire combination to enhance chat feature.
- Developed a log for maintaining the transaction state in database for tracking purpose.
- Generated a daily email push notification to admin regarding business statistics reports. It included user count, product count, transaction count, wish list count along with other details to give a daily business centric overview.
- Integrated Pay pal with the application for easy and secure transactions.
TOOLS & TECHNOLOGIES
- Objective C
- Java 7
- Spring 4.0
- MongoDB 3+
- Spring Rest Web Service
- Solr 5.0.0
- Openfire Chat Server
- Tomcat 7.0
KEY BUSINESS BENEFITS
- Xoriant's ability to understand startup business model and delivery helped client secure strict timelines
- Addition of locations increased the reach of the app and revenues by 20%
- Provided our client first mover advantage by following aggressive release schedules
- Number of new deals and categories published every day increased by 10-20%
- Xoriant provided cost effective solution by incorporating open-source technologies