Table of Content
- Client Overview
- Engagement Situation
- Xoriant Contributions
- Tools and Technologies
- Engagement Benefits
Our client, a US based enterprise software company provides cloud-based responsive delivery and site virtualization platform widely used for creating mobile versions of large / complex corporate websites. The platform enables organizations to deliver compelling mobile experiences for customers, therefore leading to benefits like quicker business results and accelerated business agility.
Our client’s platform which is a site virtualization platform is a very popular mobilizing platform with more than 15 billion mobile pages created in last two years for some of the largest mobile sites and apps, for hospitality, fashion and apparel, online consumer services, charitable trusts, etc.
With the increasing demands of people requiring information and services quickly and with the mobile internet usage increasing at the same pace, it has become extremely important for the websites to be mobile friendly. To stay ahead of competition and reap the benefits of mobile internet, companies are fast adopting mobile websites for their businesses. Our client strongly believes that, if a business can obtain a customer via mobile, then they will get them on to all other channels as well.
Considering this, our client wanted to enhance their existing mobilizing platform based on customer needs and leverage it to provide a fast and easy way to unify their customer’s web, mobile and apps strategy to make responsive web sites for mobile devices and tablets.
Our client was looking for an agile partner having extensive experience in developing responsive websites for mobile and a thorough understanding of the complexities and limitations of a mobile website. Xoriant in the past has worked on several engagements involving responsive mobile websites across domains like social media, travel, etc.
Some of the key engagement challenges were
- Develop cost effective responsive web sites for Mobile Devices and Tablets having high quality and rich user experience as Mobile Web App, well navigable with fast implementation time for the customers of our client across various sectors like hospitality, fashion and apparel, online consumer services, etc.
- Some common requirements across various domain portals included
- Developing responsive, simplified, easy to use and adaptable version of the portal’s desktop site
- Simplifying the search navigation process
- Customizing portals for mobile and tablet rendering real-time from desktop site
- Implementing SEO & analytics for the mobile and tablet sites for better reach ability and tracking which would help in redirecting all affliate programs, SEO links, and email marketing from the desktop seamlessly to the mobile site
Xoriant first created a team where the client and Xoriant engaged in an Agile execution methodology with dynamic work allocation. Regular updates were given to the client allowing a quick / timely feedback / review process for feature based deliveries.
Some of the key features developed are listed below
- Implemented scrolling navigation slides, responsive images
- Implemented an easy to use hospitality administration processes like reservations
- Enabled functional maps for users to get access premises through a virtual tour
- Enabled seamless integration with third party APIs for analytics, Payment Gateways, etc.
- Integrated with social media websites for sharing and collaboration amongst the online community
- Incorporated an accordion based navigation thereby allowing users to tap the benefit of quick navigation
- Implemented dynamic category tiles, which would quickly change and give information on the top products
- Developed a page that reduced complexity by allowing users to login through their Facebook account. This would also enable real-time site updates to be displayed on the Facebook page Implemented product recommendations features based on users’ purchase history
- Implemented Live feeds on people purchasing and commenting on products, thus helping in the process of positive word of mouth
- Enabled swipable / scrollable images with the ability to be zoomed for a better view
- Included high resolution retina images for a better presentation on high end devices like iPads
- Implemented banners on landing pages of certain products and deals thus helping in the process of direct marketing
- Used accordions, togglers and carousel to make the site compact, tidy and accessible for the desired end points
- Enabled automatic synchronization of sale prices at different end points, and the seamless flow of changes from the desktop site, to the mobile version of the site
- Assigned various CSS classes on the desktop site which were required to be adjusted, for accommodating the divisions into the mobile site, to accomplish the task
- Enabled processing of real-time information on research or sync websites with information on events like PR campaigns Support for video and other multimedia content
High Level Conceptual diagram
TOOLS AND TECHNOLOGIES
- Browser(s): Safari, Chrome, Web debugger tools
- Continuous integration & source control: Github, Jira
- OS (32 bit and 64 bit): Apple Macs, Windows XP, iPhone, iPad, Android Mobiles & Tablets
- Led to a positive word of mouth for the client’s brands, causing more people to visit the site through social media
- Customers were awarded with best mobile sites of the year awards based on the customer visits, conversion statistics
- Improved customer engagement and loyalty which led to an increase in conversions for the site, thus bringing an improvement in the online business
- Reduced maintenance cost and effort due to single link
- Provided control and flexibility as changes can be made at one centralized place