Table of Content
Our Client, an Enterprise ISV in Middleware Telecom products for Mobile Network Operators (MNOs) and provider of next-generation IP-based network and data services, enables operators to provide superior broadband and Internet services to their subscribers, with excellent rich media user experience and enhanced value added services. Our Client's other solutions include mobile data and video optimization technologies, Web acceleration, overall traffic management, and advanced revenue generating services. All of our Client's solutions are focused on delivering innovative mobile data services with optimal user experience, reducing network costs and complexity while leveraging existing infrastructure to generate new revenue.
Our Client's mission is to enable domestic and global mobile operators to bring new wireless data services to market quickly and easily. Because mobile operators constantly work with content and content providers to deliver their subscribers the latest services, it was important to give them a simple and effective content management solution. However, our Client's experience was that successful deployment of content services can vary greatly in technical requirements.
Some of the key engagement requirements are:
- Development and deployment of new business logic for the existing product messaging solution that allows mobile network operators to dynamically filter content being requested by or pushed to subscribers
- Development of a product platform to enable legacy subscribers to send /receive and Alerts platform as well as its support them
- Client needed a way for its Telecom customers to have messaging platform which will unite MMS/SMS and email messaging under one roof. For this they needed their Application Gateway product
- Develop and customize a multi-channel media-rich advertisement solution specializing in delivering optimized, multimedia ads over a variety of delivery channels
- Customization and implementations of Data monetization platform and Seamless Access Analytics
- Having developed/customized these mobile network products, Client involved Xoriant in end to end executions including QA, professional services, integration and operational support as well as help Client in their pre-sales activities
All of these state-of-the-art solutions for our Client's mobile operators were constrained by a tight budget and short timelines.
Our Client needed development and software engineering services from a company that it could trust to deliver on time and within budget. The company had worked with Xoriant Corporation in the past, and knew it had an excellent reputation for designing, building, testing and integrating business critical solutions. In addition, by embracing an offshore development model, the Client expected to drastically reduce costs. Xoriant team came together to deliver all the requirements from the client.
Xoriant's offshore development model solved the Client's budget and timeline problems by offering a large, knowledgeable and cost-effective team dedicated to deliver a top-notch product on time and for much less money than a U.S.-based team would have cost. By creating a custom workflow engine, the team was able to develop strong business logic in a very short time, eliminating the existing product's problem.
Working closely with the Client team, Xoriant Corporation helped them develop and customize the mobile network products like:
a) Service Management Platform
Xoriant contributed in developing and marketing of service messaging platform which mediates between subscribers and service providers, allowing a mobile network operator to quickly create and manage a wide range of value-added services, including downloadable ringtones, movie clips, news, gaming and much more.
- Xoriant contributed in multiple releases of the messaging product with the TPS improved from 10 to 150
- Xoriant met and exceeded Client's quality, cost and performance requirements, delivering a large list of benefits and features, including the following:
Enable rapid launch of new services
- Content Provider self-provisioning
- Unlimited number of Content Providers and services
- Rapid service deployment with reusable business models
- Centralized business policies, billing, & settlement
- Easy, web-based content transport
Maximize premium transactions revenue
- Provision services across multiple channels
- Centralized multi-channel delivery and billing
- Central management of multiple premium delivery channels (SMS, MMS,HTTP, WAP, etc.)
- Centralized pre-pay, post-pay billing across all services and Content Providers
- Inbound and Outbound Message Queuing
b) Alerts Platform Product
Xoriant ramped up hiring of senior resources that understand telecom products, related domain and started quickly contributing in framework development.
- Re-architected to use Client's framework
- contributed in multiple major releases
- Released new version that supports Low cost solution
- Successfully transitioned without much cooperation from Client's team, little or no documentation
- Contributed in all customer facing services –Pre-sales, Professional services to 24x7 support
- Achieved customer satisfaction on support through SLA compliance
- Ownership of new products with limited Knowledge Transition and reached 'stability' phase
c) Application Gateway Product
The challenges in developing and deploying application gateway product included the need for excellent understanding of RHEL, RHCS, Jboss, MySQL, EMC and IBM Blade Center based Server Solutions, Clustering and Open Software based software development methodology.
- Xoriant created an Application Gateway framework that uses industry standard RHEL platform with RHCS Clustering, Jboss configuration on IBM Blade Server Solution.
- Deployed RHCS with EMC Storage in Active/Standby configuration In order to make High Availability Solution
- Implemented GFS on EMC Clariion to avoid disk access contentions.
- Designed the solutions around IBM Blade Center with LS21 Server Blades.
- Employed EMC's PowerPath suite for providing multipath for Disk Access.
- Installed and configured the Host Bus Adapter (HBA) cards in each Application Gateway server.
- Built the product using component architecture to make the product extensible, scalable, and maintainable. The product has been tested rigorously using Xoriant test methodology to ensure that it meets the functionality requirements
d) Data Monetization Platform
Xoriant contributed in developing and customization of the solution which brings services from the Internet into the mobile operator's network and opens new opportunities of revenue streams based on Over-The-Top (OTT) traffic.
- Developed framework and common components for data monetization product
- Exposed the tools and applications to the subscriber via a new browsing toolbar.
e) Advertisement Messaging Platform
Xoriant integrated Multi-Channel Advertising Platform, made for mobile operators
- With centralized user repository,
- Network aware, media rich,
- Managed Service - Shortened Time To Market
- Provided support for advertisement for different channels and contents: WAP, SMS MMS, Audio (IVR, RBT), Video
- Provided permission based marketing, for opt-in programs and messaging interactive campaigns
- Implemented Media Trading and Selling capabilities
- Implemented Tiered-Targeting Capabilities, with location, demographic and behavioral
- Achieved 1000 TPS for Client's customer
f) Seamless Access Product
Xoriant contributed in developing and customizing the seamless access product, a module that can be used with the Seamless Access product to analyze the Seamless Access traffic and produce reports.
It allows generating reports that analyze the information in the Seamless Access transaction logs to provide information about how the Seamless Access system is being used
Features incorporated/customized by Xoriant are:
- Run a report manually or schedule when a report is to be run automatically.
- Designed/developed Aggregator application 123Completed (SAA v2.1), which was later enhanced by Xoriant to have multiple levels of aggregations and some other design changes. The various enhancements were done in 3 major versions released by Xoriant
- Contributed in developing Web Application using an open source solution for web interface called Open reports.
- Generated new reports, enhance existing reports and support HTTS in it
- Provided an audit trail of the reports that are generated, by logging the start time, duration, status, and user for every report generated.
- Contributed in DB design and provided enhancements in later versions
Xoriant successfully contributed in developing the client's telecom products. Xoriant's vast experiences in other areas like QA, deployment, integration as well as support and maintenance across various domains helped us to be the choice of partners for their continual engagements. The next phases of the product included QA, deployment and support for which Xoriant is involved considerably.
TOOLS AND TECHNOLOGIES:
Java/J2ME stack,JWSDK for Webservice, Solaris & Linux, Jboss, JDMK for SNMP, Red Hat cluster solution, SSL for Authentication, Shell script for Installation, JDK 1.4.2,RHEL 4 update 5, Jboss 4.0.5.GA, JMS Service of Jboss, JDMK for SNMP, Shell script for Installation, MySQL for Database, Hibernate