Table of contents
- Client Overview
- Engagement Situation and Requirement
- Xoriant Contributions
- Architecture Diagram
- Tools & Technologies
- Engagement Benefits
Our client is a financial institution that seeks to invest in real estate related assets that have the potential to provide attractive cash flows over a long period of time and support their goal of distributing attractive levels of dividends to their stockholders. Client primarily invests in residential mortgage loans, commercial loans and other forms of commercial real estate financing, and in securities collateralized by real estate loans (which are securities issued in securitization transactions and which are also referred to as mortgage-backed securities).
ENGAGEMENT SITUATION AND REQUIREMENT
The client was using various reporting technologies to cater to their internal and external reporting requirements. Our client required to develop a platform that integrates all these technologies and delivers the reports to users’ desktops with easy-to-use interface. This would integrate internal users as well as the external users that include compliance agencies, credit rating agencies, business partners and other stakeholders.
Client was also transitioning to an agile methodology for their software development and this project became the first pilot project for the customer. Using the Scrum framework, customer was not only able to see the quick results but also greatly reduced the time-to-delivery to 11 weeks.
Client was looking at engaging with a technology partner to develop the integrated reporting platform that had experience in full spectrum of product development, maintenance, and iterative execution model for roll-outs. Client wanted an innovative partner who would understand the demands of a fast growing financial company and provide a competitive solution which gives a longer-term success to their business. Considering Xoriant’s experience in designing, building, testing and integrating business critical solutions, client selected Xoriant team for developing their solution.
- New user interface with Uniformity in the layout for the entire platform Allow integrating above 250 reports and dashboards from various servers/portals into a single simplified platform
- Enable the users to have access to all the reports in a single simple-to-use interface thus greatly saving their time by going to various portals and getting the reports for their daily operations
- Standardize the reports naming conventions, document libraries structure and nomenclature and duplications in reports resulting in a reducing the number of reports hence processing times.
- Enable users to quickly locate and use the reports resulting in faster navigation and saving time with the help of Enterprise search.
- Provide a secured and user friendly reporting platform that can be utilized to provide access to external users in the similar fashion as of the internal users.
Xoriant has a significant amount of experience in client specific product/platform development, with a comprehensive portfolio covering different segments such as finance, e-commerce, branding, and enterprise social networking. Coupled with this, Xoriant followed a complete phased methodology comprising of tasks like assessment of overall strategy for implementation, end-to-end portal application programming, performance optimization, maintenance, and support. Xoriant team designed and developed framework based modular components that can be easily integrated and customized to be used for various uses of our client.
Xoriant initiated the engagement by creating a roadmap defining the project timelines and deliverables, followed by the task implementation process. Some of the key contributions are as follows:
- Developed an entirely new User interface that changed the look and feel of the standard SharePoint interface and is extremely user friendly thereby bringing uniformity in the layout for the entire platform and handling webpage fluidity.
- Analyzed, designed, and developed the customer reporting portal modules, along with the integration of specific attributes for different reporting technologies that included MS SSRS, Tableau, Excel and PDF. The portal allows integrating reports and dashboards from various servers/portals into single portal
- Used Microsoft SharePoint portal technology along with Agile / Scrum model of development, elimination of repetitive tasks, and better quality of reports delivery.
- Developed a standard mechanism for the reports naming conventions, document libraries structure and nomenclature and duplications
- Performed extensive testing to check requirement documents, design documents, and find errors manually
- Contributed in Dynamic testing to check functional behavior and overall performance of integrated reporting platform
- Performed Regression testing to check for software bugs that would hamper functionality of platform features
- Created and executed test plans and test cases on the basis of three-weekly releases to check for platform functionality
TOOLS & TECHNOLOGIES
- Microsoft Windows server 2012R2
- SharePoint 2013
- C# and Client Scripting
- Achieved greater focus on measuring the longer-term success of the business
- Generated a positive benefit in relations with institutional investors
- Improved management information and decision making by more than 20%
- Connected departments and broadened perspectives
- Platform helped using smarter non-financial information and KPIs and integrated these with the financial data to gain the full value
- Generated 25% more impact on internal engagement within the client organization
- Created transparency and audit trail across all reports/formats to the source by around 20%