Table of Content
- Client Overview
- Engagement Situation
- Key Requirements
- Xoriant Solutions
- Xoriant Key Contribution
- Architecture Diagram
- Tools & Technologies
- Business Benefits
Our client is a global organization specializing in international education opportunities. Our client provides knowledge sharing solutions and services in the fields of arts, higher education, schools, society and English language to cater to global audience. Our client specializes in online and offline language classes for all the age groups and prepares them for globally competent English language exams.
In the age of smart phone, tablets and phablets, everyone wants things to happen in a click. Today, smart devices are driven by smart operating systems which keeps you connected, updated and entertained through powerful apps. Businesses are aware what mobile strategy can do to their business and having an app can only add to their business. Our client already had a strong web presence, they wanted to leverage mobile apps to strengthen their brand, increase visibility, increase sales, engage customer and build loyalty for its customers. Considering this our client wanted to develop an app for learning English with Firefox OS as the platform of choice.
- Content to be provided at different complexity levels like beginner, advanced and expert.
- Content should be delivered on a daily basis with weekly themes.
- A week’s content should include a series of multiple learning pages followed by a set of quizzes.
- App should have in total content for 52 weeks at each level.
- Login based access for administrator to upload the content.
- Option for user to change/jump between the levels.
- Theme Index screen for the user to see the progress on the weekly themes.
Xoriant team worked closely with client to understand the requirements and helped them design the entire application. The application release was planned in agile methodology with 4 cycles each of 3 weeks. Working closely with our client, Xoriant’s technical and design team delivered the UI designs for the application along with the UI interactions as the first step.
The team leveraged our application development expertise on Firefox OS to deliver an interactive and friendly application and deployed it on Amazon Cloud.
XORIANT KEY CONTRIBUTION
- Designed and developed UI of the application using HTML5, Bootstrap and CSS3
- Used AngularJS as front end technology to enable code reusability.
- Used MongoDB to store document like objects.
- Used Node.js as server side technology due to its seamless integration with AngularJS and MongoDB.
- Used JSON for communication between frontend and backend.
- Added a login based UI feature to enable administrator to upload the content of the application which was then dynamically rendered by the frontend.
- Performed User Acceptance Testing to test the functionality of the application.
- Deployed the application on Amazon Cloud which provided High Availability and Failover feature for the entire application including the MongoDB database.
TOOLS & TECHNOLOGIES
- Server Side: Node.js, MongoDB, JSON
- Expanded global footprint by launching application on Firefox OS.
- High acceptance of application due to the ease of use and seamless user experience on mobile.
- Developed a hybrid application, which allows ease of porting across platforms thereby reducing cost and time to market.