Table of Content
- Client Requirements
- Engagement Situation
- Key Requirements
- Xoriant Solution
- Key Contributions
- High level Architecture Diagram
- Technology Stack
- Business Benefits
Our client is one of the providers of image editing platform and has a well established application available in Android PlayStore and iPhone App Store which is being used to edit billions of images. Our client’s user friendly application allows their users to edit images with custom photo filters, frames, graphics, and several other features.
Our client wanted to expand their product reach to new customers and hence wanted to develop an hybrid application for Firefox OS with the similar user experience as the existing iOS and Android applications. Our client provides SDK with a robust and customizable photo editor which gets embedded into application on Android, iOS, Windows and web (HTML5). Our client’s preference was a technology partner with a rich experience in UI- UX design and multi-platform application integration to engage for this end-to-end mobile application development on the Firefox OS which was a considerably new platform.
- Designing and developing a user friendly hybrid application for a completely web-based operating system
- Implement image editing tools in Firefox OS as in earlier iOS/Android application
- Setting up localization and internationalization (i18n)
- Developing image gallery for the application to select the images
- Integrating the built-in camera with the image gallery to select the current camera image
- Enabling the share feature to share the image through Facebook, Twiter, email and bluetooth
Xoriant team collaborated with the client team to understand client’s requirement thoroughly and selected AngularJS, Underscore.js, Bootstrap.js as it was the latest technologies for a user friendly UI and UX. Xoriant was involved in complete lifecycle process of building the mobile application from requirement gathering, design, and implementation to testing and delivery. Xoriant as a Firefox development partner also had the technical know-how of working on other different mobile operating systems and hence was a preferred partner for the client.
- Adopted XAKF (Xoriant Application Kickstarter Framework) which is a combination of modular, pluggable, re-usable components for creating open web apps, specialized for Firefox OS app development, and also reduced the time of development drastically
- Implemented AngularJS, Underscore and Bootstrap.js tools to provide image editing with design filters, frames, stickers and better user experience
- Developed image gallery using Bootstrap.js to allow users to scroll and access images in the phone gallery
- Enabled location based access from SD card/phone memory, share image, add or delete files using Firefox’s device API
- Implemented social sharing which enabled users to share images with others through various mediums like Email, Bluetooth, Messaging, Facebook and Twitter etc.
- Tested the application with different versions of Firefox operating system using Firefox simulator replicating various resolutions and screen sizes
HIGH LEVEL ARCHITECTURE DIAGRAM
- Firefox OS device APIs, WebActivities
- Firefox OS Simulator
- App Manager
- Increased user base in more than 7 different countries and reached the Firefox OS users too
- Reduced development time by 30% with usage of XAKF (Xoriant Application Kickstarter Framework)
- Increased revenue through downloads from Firefox Marketplace
- Increased popularity of the application due to availability on new store