Table of Content
- Client Overview
- Engagement Situation
- Key Requirements
- Xoriant Contribution
- Key Contributions
- Architecture Diagram
- Tools & Technologies
- Business Benefits
Our client offers next generation communications platform for organizations to deliver smarter sales and marketing presentations and unparalleled connection to their customers and audience. Our client’s platform allows its customers to create, distribute and track communication on their behalf at an affordable price and unmatched speed.
Our client, an enterprise communication platform provider has its service installed at multiple client locations generating voluminous data. This rapidly increasing data and unused old data necessitated huge databases which was negatively affecting the performance of the system and increased costs. To mitigate this exponentially growing database issue, our client was looking for a solution to archive the old data, clean the database for fresh use and increase the requests turnaround time. Also, they wanted to replace Flash based editor and upgrade it to Redactor editor to create the presentations for internal and external communication. Xoriant’s extensive experience and expertise in development, upgradation of web based application platform made them a good match for the client’s project requirement.
- Develop a system which will archive the old user data and all associated records.
- Develop a user interface for admin to search and select one or multiple user for data archiving.
- Develop a reverse system where admin can revert the archived data from ‘Archived Database’ to ‘Production Database’.
- Develop a platform where a user can create a presentation using Redactor.js(jQuery based WYSIWYG library).
- Convert all the existing Flash based presentation to Redactor.JS.
- Perform Ruby upgradation to fix run time bugs, leverage additional features and enhance performance.
Xoriant team worked closely with the client to understand the requirement and created an engagement roadmap. Xoriant with its expertise in software development, developed a system using Rails Active Record and raw SQL query to archive the old data and replace the existing Flash based editor with Redactor editor to create presentation / slides. The system fetched all the existing Flash based presentation from database and collected all the attributes (like – images, text etc.) of the Flash presentation and converted it using RedactorJS (jQuery) based editor.
- Built a solution to archive the old data of size approximately equal to 50GB, clean the database for fresh use and increase the requests turnaround time by using combination of Rails Active Record and raw SQL query.
- Achieved database cleaning, improved data integrity and decreased database redundancy by writing a script to archive the production record and shift data to archived database.
- Replaced Flash based editor and upgraded it with Redactor editor and made the earlier design compatible with the latest upgrade.
- Implemented functionality for sending an email using the Sendgrid with the correct header.
TOOLS & TECHNOLOGIES
- Ruby - 1.8.7
- Ruby on Rails - 2.3.17
- Archived old user data and its associated records that helped in managing huge database thus improving the overall performance of the system by 20-30%.
- Up-gradation to Redactor editor helped the client to provide a simple, clean, smooth and an immersive user experience in building the presentation / slides and this increased the usability of the platform by 50-60%.
- Ruby up-gradation helped the client to improve its web application performance by 30-40%.
- Reduced data archiving time by 60-70% by allowing admin to search and select one or multiple users.