Xoriant provides both Engineering and Professional services for leading Storage and Cloud vendors. Over the years through its projects, Xoriant has accumulated expertise in the following areas of Storage, Cloud, and Virtualization:
- File systems: Network (NFS, CIFS), NTFS, ext2/3/4
- Standards/Protocols: Block and File system protocols.
- Data Protection: Enterprise backup/restore, Snapshot, De-duplication, Synchronous/Asynchronous Replication, Remote Mirroring, Archival.
- Storage management: CEPH, Management GUI and back-end, SNMP.
- Cloud: Cloud Migration, OpenStack, MS Azure, AWS.
- Virtualization: VmWare (VSphere, VASA, VAAI, VRO etc..), Microsoft (SCOM, SCVMM and SCO.), Oracle OVM (rman), Virtual Environment Integration, Virtual Appliance Development.
- FLASH: SSD Firmware, Performance improvement, SATA/NVMe Interface, Hot/Cold Data, File System Caching, SSD Tool Box, Host Drivers.
Some Client Engagements
- Interoperability Test Lab (ILAB): Xoriant built and currently runs a storage interoperability lab for a major storage vendor. Through this lab Xoriant performs interoperability verification and certification, performance measurement, management & analysis and automation of testing process. To run these tasks Xoriant built the lab with the Client’s storage array interoperating with various host OSes (AIX, Linux, Windows) and host adapters (Qlogic, LSI, Emulex) at different speeds (2G, 4G, 8G, 16G) through FC switch.
- Data protection: Xoriant handled the entire testing of TSM, EMC networker, HP data protection, backupexec on protection platform for a large middleware enterprise. It was responsible to qualify applications like Oracle, SQL, Exchange, SAP HANA with client’s backup solutions. Xoriant team also developed an automation framework for complete testing and analysis of B & R using Python, which enabled our client to reduce the test cycle time by about 40%.
- OpenStack Development: Xoriant built an OpenStack solution on client’s converged/hyper-converged platform for an enterprise storage provider. This platform allows client to build and deploy their enterprise applications on their private cloud infrastructure and aggregate their business applications.
- VMware, Microsoft and Citrix based virtualization solutions: Xoriant provided plug-ins to major storage vendor to discover our client’s storage system features, allow array provisioning and monitor the health status of the storage system. These plug-ins helped admin teams to better manage the storage system and generate health reports.
- Enterprise Cloud: Xoriant partnered with an online cloud based file sharing company that enables enterprise companies to securely share files within the organization as well as with their partners and vendors. This is similar to DropBox but purpose built for enterprises. This is built using ObjectStore which is similar to OpenStack - Swift.